CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which provides California Consumers certain rights regarding their Personal Information as those terms are defined in the CCPA, became effective on January 1, 2020.
We are providing you with notice of the Personal Information we collect and our purposes for that collection for data that may be subject to the CCPA (“CCPA Notice”). This CCPA Notice does not cover information that is outside of the scope of the CCPA. This notice also does not apply to data collected from employees, applicants or contractors or to data collected from individuals acting as representatives of another business in connection with business communications or transactions.
We collect Personal Information directly from you, your device or browser, our service providers and suppliers, and our corporate affiliates. We use and share Personal the following business purposes:
- to provide requested products and services;
- to advertise and offer new products and services;
- to improve our products and services;
- for quality assurance;
- for research development ;
- for prevention of fraud and illegal activity; and
- for marketing purposes.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information from Consumers, which we share with our service providers, agents and licensees who perform services on our behalf, and with our affiliates:
- identifiers (e.g., name, phone number, email address, I.P. address);
- personal records (e.g., name, phone number, email address);
- consumer characteristics (e.g., age, gender);
- customer account details / commercial information (i.e., your order history); and
- inferences from Personal Information collected (i.e., your preferences, your likelihood of interest in certain of our services).
We collect the following categories of Personal Information from Consumers, which we only share with our affiliates:
- Internet usage information (i.e., information regarding your interaction with our online services);
- geolocation data (i.e., if you enable this feature on your device while using our app); and sensory data (i.e., recordings of customer service calls, store security camera footage)
If you are a California Consumer and would like to register a request under your “right to know about Personal Information collected, disclosed or sold” (including right to obtain copies of specific pieces and/or information about categories of Personal Information practices), “right to request deletion of Personal Information,” or “right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information,” or if you have questions about our privacy policies or practices, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-898-7587. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment in a manner prohibited by the CCPA as a result of your exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To fulfill your CCPA request, we may require you to provide sufficient information to reasonably verify you are the Consumer about whom we collected Personal Information. This verification process includes providing us at least two (2) unique data points, depending on the type of request.
Consumers have the right to exercise CCPA privacy rights via an authorized agent who meets the agency requirements of the CCPA. Authorized agent requests must include a copy of the agency agreement between the authorized agent and the consumer. We will ask the consumer to independently confirm the agency relationship.
THE RIGHT TO KNOW
Categories: You have the right, subject to statutory exceptions, to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, for any of the following for the period that is twelve months prior to the request date:
- The categories of PI we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your PI.
- The business or commercial purposes for our collecting or selling your PI.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have shared your PI.
- A list of the categories of PI disclosed for a business purpose in the prior 12 months, or that no disclosure occurred.
Specific Pieces: You have the right, subject to statutory exceptions, to make or obtain a transportable copy, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, of your PI that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining.
THE RIGHT TO DELETION
You have the right, subject to statutory exceptions, to request that we delete your PI that we have collected directly from you and are maintaining. Note also that we are not required to delete your PI that we did not collect directly from you.
You may alternatively exercise more limited control of your PI by canceling or modifying the email marketing communications you receive from us. You can do this by following the instructions contained in our promotional emails.
THE RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not “sell” Personal Information that we collect from you, including Personal Information of minors under the age of 16, as “sell” is defined in the CCPA.